Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Old Woman Blues

I've been shamed! I've been slandered! Twice within the past week I have been called Miss Brenda. Can you imagine? I know; calling a person Miss whatever is supposed to be a sign of respect, but for your elders! Couldn't they have chosen another way to show respect - like opening a door or some other simple gesture. Oh no! They had to call me Miss Brenda - out loud, too! Those two words were like a stab in the heart. I'll never recover - might as well get some old-woman, black lace up oxfords, a hair net and find a rocking chair. I'm done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is bad, it like the young people at checkouts giving you senior dicounts without asking if you are a senior. I don't mind the discouts, I just wish they would ask. Do I look that old?