Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just When You Think ...

Just when you think you have seen it all, something comes along to prove you wrong.

In this morning's newspaper, there was a wedding announcement that made me shake my head, look at it again and then burst out laughing.

Under the title of "H*ll Froze Over!" the notice says that the couple "took the fiery plunge" recently. "We swore that day would never come to pass, we are quite certain that Hades has completely frozen over." No mention of where the wedding occurred or the names of the attendants. The parents' names were not listed, although I wouldn't be surprised if that was at the request of the parents.

I can't decide if this young couple just has a great sense of humor or if they are thumbing their noses at the rest of the world. Whatever the case may be, I wish them luck.

No comments: