Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions

It's that time again - time to review the past year and make resolutions for the new year. I only had two resolutions to keep in 2009 and I'm not sure either was kept. I vowed to speak kindly to others and hope they would do the same. I also vowed to find joy in living. Sometimes my mouth works faster than my brain and I speak without thinking. So, Speak Kindly and Thoughtfully goes on my list for 2010. For the most part, I did find joy in living, but have also found that as I get older, I dwell on the past more than is necessary. While I treasure my family and friends, I miss those who have already passed on. In memory of my mother, who passed away three years ago in early December, the following photograph is shared with you. My mother, myself, my daughter and granddaughter represent four generations as captured in 2003. One new resolution is being added. I promise to learn something new in 2010. It might be a new skill in research or perhaps in technology. Oh, oh! Another resolution. I am determined to become a better photographer. I love taking photos, but need to learn better techniques. That's enough with the resolutions. These will keep me busy for at least a year.

No comments: