Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas, Caroline



Everyone has a favorite Christmas gift - the one that stands out from all the others. Maybe it was a doll or a fire truck or a fishing pole. My favorite gift arrived in a red Christmas stocking on Christmas Day 1999 and was better than any store-bought gift could ever be. On that day, my funny, talented, sassy granddaughter arrived with a flourish and turned our world upside down. She puts the sunshine in our lives and gives us great hope for the future of this world.

My name for this very special child is Baby Dumpling, but since she will be nine in a day or so, it is probably time to cast that name aside and call her by her birth name, Caroline. She is becoming a young lady now and the play dinosauers and My Little Pony have been replaced with online games and computers. She has a great future and her Pop-Pop and I are so proud to be a part of her life.

1 comment:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Brenda

I love the photo - being a Christmas Baby myself (I was born closer to the time of Jesus though), I was also placed into a large stocking and then shown off in the maternity ward!