Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pretty Hair Equals Trouble

I believe I know why Illinois' governor Rod Blogojevich was impeached. Aside from attempting to sell President-Elect Obama's former senate seat, that is. Why, you ask? Let me tell you. It's because of his pretty hair. Don't laugh; I am serious. Let me give you some examples.

Can you think of a recent President who also had pretty hair and was impeached while in office? Yep, Bill Clinton. He has a nice, distinguished silver haired do and look where it got him. Impeached! Get the picture?

How about Richard Nixon. Nice wavy locks and also impeached. He was not just impeached, but also scorned and ended up taking a flying trip home. That makes three examples.

Office holders are not the only ones who have gotten into trouble because of their pretty hair. No sir! How about John Edwards, the 2008 Presidential candidate. Didn't he pay $200 to get his mop of pretty hair cut and styled. Then he was caught sneaking into a woman's hotel room. With his pretty hair, it was bound to happen. No more politicking for Mr. Edwards!

Then there was Gary Hart, a married man caught with a model/actress on a boat called Monkey Business in 1987. There went his prospects for a national office. And my guess it was all due to his pretty hair.

See the pattern? I believe I've made my case. Pretty hair equals trouble. I don't think we need to worry about Barack Obama getting into trouble. His plain, no-nonsense do says otherwise.

3 comments:

TSGS said...

Brenda, I think you just might have a point. So, actually, having a bad hair-day may not be all that bad after all.

John G. West (not combing my hair ever again!)

John Spencer said...

It is my blessing to be nearly bald, but I'm sure worried about Marty.

Brenda Joyce Jerome said...

Maybe you should tell him, John, that the secret to staying out of trouble is to go bald.